Did you know you can perform certain actions, like receiving updates of Your Twit, following or adding friend's updates, marking them as a favorite, by using the designated Twitter commands?
Now, wherever You go with Bakcell Twitter is always in Your pocket. Communicate in Twitter via SMS without Internet connection. Subscription to this service is for FREE!
To Twit via SMS is very simple. Just send Your message to 4040 short number and it would be placed on Twitter in few seconds. More over, You can receive SMS notifications from Your favorite friends’ Twitter account for free.
One SMS will be charged according to Your tariff plan.
More about Twitter SMS Commands:
- Use the commands listed below from your phone, the web update box, or your favorite third party application.
- Tip: When using these commands, do not append an @ along with it.
- If you send these commands with an @, your commands will be read as a username and will not be executed as expected!
- Example: if you want to turn on device notifications send only ON and not @ON.
Turning Mobile Twitter Updates OFF and ON
- ON: turns ALL your authorized Twitter updates and notifications on.
- OFF: turns off all updates except direct messages. Send STOP again to turn off direct messages too.
- STOP, QUIT, End, Cancel, Arret or Unsubscribe: turns ALL phone notifications off.
- ON username: turns on notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: ON alissa
- OFF username: turns off notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: OFF blaine
- FOLLOW username: this command allows you to start following a specific user, as well as receive SMS notifications. Example: FOLLOW Jerry, or f Jerry for short.
- LEAVE username: this command allows you to stop receiving SMS notifications for a specific user. Example: LEAVE benfu, or l benfu for short.
Fun Stuff: friends, favorites, and stats!
Use the commands below to send private messages, favorite Tweets, and more.
- @username + message
Reply: shows your Tweet as a reply sent to another person, and causes your twitter to save in their "replies" tab.
Example: @meangrape I love that song too!
- D username + message
Direct Message: sends a person a private message that goes to their device, and saves in their web archive.
You can also use M username + message to send a private message now!
Examples: d krissy want to pick a Jamba Juice for me while you're there?, m krissy wanna pick up a Jamba Juice for me while you're there?
- RT username
Retweet: sends another user's latest Tweet to your followers.
Example: RT Charles
- SET LOCATION placename
Updates the location field in your profile.
Example: set location San Francisco
- WHOIS username
Retrieves the profile information for any public user on Twitter.
Example: whois jack, w jack for short.
- GET username
Retrieves the latest Twitter update posted by the person.
You can also use g username to get a user's latest Tweet.
Examples: get goldman, g goldman
- FAV username
Marks that user's last Tweet as one of your favorites. (reply to any update with FAV, FAVE, or FAVOURITE to mark it as a favorite if you're receiving it in real time)
Examples: fav crystal, fave crystal, favourite crystal
This command returns your number of followers, how many people you're following, and your bio information.
Texting help, info, or aide to Twitter will bring up helpful tips.
This command returns a listing of Twitter users' accounts we think you might enjoy following.
- Using ON/OFF username from your phone only stops notifications coming to your mobile phone; you'll still collect a person's updates on the web since you're still following them. There is no way to unfollow someone or block someone via SMS.
- The following commands perform the same actions: FOLLOW = ON. And LEAVE = OFF.
- Following someone from a phone for the first time will also cause you to follow them on the web.
- There is no way to stop following a person without visiting their web profile and removing them. The OFF, LEAVE, STOP, and QUIT commands will only disable mobile updates from that user.
- You don't have to use ON/OFF username from the phone, you can also set individual notifcations from a person's profile page on the web, or check your twitter.com/friends page and manage all phone notification settings there.
Questions? Ask us! (help.twitter.com/requests/new)